Skip to content
- Guests are requested to arrive no earlier than 3pm on date of entry, and to vacate Doonbank Bothy by 10am on date of departure, unless previously agreed.
- Doonbank Cottage’s Bothy is a NON SMOKING and NON VAPING property. Smoking or vaping is not permitted anywhere within the property and guests smoking outside are requested to dispose of cigarette butts in a responsible manner.
- We will accept one medium sized dog. do not charge for your pet / dog. Please refer to our pet information / policy. Please note that we can not accept large breeds such as Newfoundland; Great Dane; St Bernard etc.
- Your pet is accepted on the understanding that no sign of the pet is evident, in the house or garden at the time of departure. Pets are not allowed in the bedrooms or to be left alone in the property. Please refer to our dog policy.
- Clean linen and towels are included in the rental cost.
- Holiday groups must not exceed the stated maximum number of people the property will sleep – 2 adults, plus one baby (under 2 years) and one under 10 year old. Exceeding the maximum number / age without the owners’ permission could result in the us refusing to allow guests to take possession of the property or requiring guests’ early departure. In these circumstances, we will consider that the holiday has been cancelled and will not refund monies paid.
- Guests should return keys to the collection point at the end of their stay.
- We ask that you treat the Bothy with respect and leave it clean and tidy. Guests are requested to report any damages/breakages to Chris or Susan on or before departure so damage can be made good prior to the next guests’arrival. Damage/breakages caused through neglect may be charged.
- On occasion, we may require access to the property to carry out repairs etc. This could be emergency or planned. Wherever possible Chris or Susan will advise guests well in advance of the date of access and will ensure that guests are kept fully informed.
- You are responsible for the property. This means you must keep all furnishings and fittings inside and outside the property in a comparable state of repair and condition as at the beginning of the holiday.
- You are expected to show due consideration for other people, not to abuse the property or display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards the owner, caretaker or other third party. Possession of the property can be refused or you can be asked to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday cost or compensation. It is your responsibility to check the holiday property meets your needs and we cannot be responsible for ensuring the property is entirely suitable for your needs.
- We cannot accept any bookings that are specified to be conditional upon fulfilment of a particular request. It is your responsibility to notify us of any information regarding a medical problem or disability that may affect your holiday at the time of booking.
- We shall have no liability for any death or personal injury unless it results from the owner’s negligence or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment). You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property. No liability is accepted by the owner in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except, in the case of the owner, where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the owner or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment).
- Doonbank Bothy and the Cottage are located within its own woodland garden and its eastern boundary is the River Doon. All guests should take extra care as woodlands and rivers can be dangerous places. Guests access the woodland at their own risk and it is their responsibility to do their own risk assessment. Please note there are no formal maintained paths within the woodland garden. After heavy rain, the level of the River Doon rises and can be extremely dangerous. Wind and trees present obvious risks. All parent/guardians/carers must take responsibility for minors and their pet. The owners will not be held responsible for any personal injury.
- Guests are requested to refrain from washing their dog inside the Bothy and most definitely not in the bathroom and we request that guest towels are not used to clean or dry dogs. Guests are asked to remember that other guests have to use these facilities. Bucket, sponge and water are supplied.
- Cancellations: We strongly advise guests take out holiday insurance, or check their own house insurance to see if holiday cancellations are covered. In the event of you cancelling your stay within 30 days of your holiday start date, we will endeavour to re-rent the Bothy. If we are successful, we will return your booking fee in full, minus a 10% administration charge.