The bothy is a spacious and modern one bedroomed house with ample private parking and it’s own private outside space set within 4.5 acres of accessible woodland garden and river walks, which form part of Doonbank Cottage.
It’s ideally located, being an easy walk to the stunning Ayrshire coastline with its sandy beaches and a short stroll from the Burns Monument, Burns Cottage, Alloway Kirk, and the world-famous Brig O’Doon, inspiration for Robert Burns’ poem ‘Tam O’Shanter‘.
The immediate area is famous for its superb sporting facilities, including the championship golf courses of Turnberry and Royal Troon. sailing, game and sea-fishing are all locally available. The area contains many castles and country parks, and it is only a short trip from the coast to the islands of Ailsa Craig, Arran and Cumbrae.
One (medium sized) dog / pet welcome. Read our dogs policy.
Doonbank Cottage Bothy
- 2 adults (king sized bed);
- We also have a free travel cot for an infant (no bedding supplied).
- For an additional £15 per night supplement; we do have a good quality fold-away single bed for an under 10 year old, or sofa bed.
- Super quiet – apart from the birds and river!
- Private and quiet location;
- Non smoking;
- Free all you can eat WIFI (100 Mbps);
- Virgin media cable TV
- Central heating; Fuel and power included;
- Clothes dryer, ironing board and steam iron;
- Range of reading books and board games;
- Dedicated parking;
- Free free range eggs for breakfast from own chickens and ducks.
Spacious Sitting / Dining room with:
- Front door and two duel aspect patio door access;
- Views over the River Doon and private garden areas;
- Extendable dining table;
- Leather sofa;
- 40″ LED High Definition television with integrated freeview & Virgin cable TV;
- DVD player;
- High chair for infants available on request.
- Variety of lighting options
Well stocked kitchen with:
- Free initial supply of tea, coffee, sugar and milk.
- Fridge / freezer;
- Food processor;
- Slow cooker;
- Casserole dishes;
- 4 hob + electric cooker;
- Full set stainless steel pans;
- Selection of glasses
- Vines cutlery;
- Excellent range of crockery; cooking and baking utensils;
Shower room bathroom:
- Shower; sink and toilet;
- Razor / electric toothbrush power point;
- King Size bed;
- TV with freeview;
- Built in wardrobe and separate storage drawers.
- Juliette balcony with views over river;
- Private enclosed garden with lawned area;
- BBQ and patio area with table and chairs;
- Firepit (Firepit starter kit available comprising kindling, firestarters and wood)
- Ample and dedicated private guest parking;
- Full access to wider private woodland garden and river.
- Entry/exit access to further 13.5 acre public woodland area
Additional Services offered
- Washing and/or drying service (clothes);
- Black and white laser printing – documents etc;
- Option of free lift to Brig O’Doon if you’re attending a wedding;
- Dog walking / sitting service;
- Cleaning service.
N.B. There is a river close to the property – young children may require supervision.