Located in Alloway on the outskirts of Ayr, Doonbank Cottage’s bothy is only a 2 minute drive from the Brig o’ Doon House Hotel, one of Scotland’s most well known and popular wedding venues, so we are an ideal accommodation base. In fact our woodland garden ends by the Brig O Doon hotel so you could even walk it (15 minutes).
- We can provide you with an early 1pm check-in if you are attending an afternoon event and need to get settled in and changed into your glam gear! Again, just let us know when you book.
- If the weather is going to be nice, why not have a BBQ the night before and invite a few people around, or maybe it’s a chance to catch up with your future in-laws? We have the BBQ & fire pit. With glorious views over the River Doon, and a delightful private space, this is a lovely way to extend your celebration.
- If you are the bride or groom, then we provide an ideal base to get ready. There is plenty of room – and it is secluded. Over the years we have had a horse drawn carriage; limos and a range of other cars picking up the bride or other members of the bridal party. (We have private parking for about 10 cars!). We can also accommodate hairdressers and make up artists to do their stuff!
- If helpful we can give you a free lift to your wedding event. Just let us know when you book.
- Why not extend your stay to two or three night and take some time to explore the area – there is lots to do!
And of course if you have any other questions or we can help further, you only have to ask. Call Chris or Susan on 01292 441 825 or email [email protected]